November 19, 2010

twilight // 217 (as of yesterday)

I'm in this strange area between recovery and sickness -- both are pulling me, hard, in opposing directions, and I'm not sure what to do.

It's twilight, the moment when the sun sinks below the horizon, and night begins; or is it dawn, the moment when the sky just starts to brighten, and the first rays of light touch the ground? I don't know. They seem so similar. I am sinking deeper into despair, and at the same time, beginning to transcend my 'fat' body and become more than a number on the scale.


I'm not going to pretend I don't have delusions of grandeur -- that I haven't always harbored the secret desire to be that girl. Thin, but not beautiful. Not even pretty. Haggard, unkempt, and sickly, bones jutting out of her ass, a living corpse. Miserable, freakish. But so very thin, so much that there is no doubt that she suffers. There are no words for the pain she feels.

When I was at my low weight, I was underweight. But just. Not enough to be obvious, not enough to raise concern. Just enough to be considered pretty. Beautiful, even.

I don't want to be pretty. I don't want to be the object of anyone's affection. Rather, I want to be an object of revulsion. I want to be unwanted. Undesireable. I want to starve off everything that made me attractive to anyone.

It's sick. Obviously, I'm sick inside. I just want the sickness to be reflected on the outside, so glaringly that others must look away, or be struck blind.

3 comments:

  1. This post is powerful. I hope you find what your looking for

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the commenter above me, this post was very deep and powerful.

    But although being so thin is seen as ugly, is this what is beautiful to you?

    Following you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am from Pretty Thin and thought id support everyone by following there blog and hearing each individuals story!! i hope you enjoy my blog and follow as well =)

    “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”

    ReplyDelete